About Me

My photo
Learning and trying to be kind and living my life as fully as I can stand it.

Friday, November 6, 2015

Loving the blog





This is an old picture and a new link. Bloglovin

I'd love it if you'd follow the link above and take a moment to follow my blog on Bloglovin.

I'm at work on this lovely Friday afternoon taking a quick break to update my favorite online space.

Random moments to share from this week:

Pulling my four kiddos in our new red wagon in the chilly fall air yesterday. Watching them run in circles, notice ducks, open their eyes wide at the velocity of their chariot as it raced down a smallish hill. I enjoy their company very much.

Sitting down to hot soup after the walk and having all four of them actually sort of eat. Varying degrees of spoon dexterity. My son saying "Delicious!" with every bit. It struck me that I couldn't have dreamed such a moment, in all of its sweet ordinary extra-ordinariness. Feeding four toddlers is rarely enjoyable but when it is, man is it delicious.

Listening to the words pour out of my youngest baby's mouth. Neither of the older ones was talking much at eighteen months but she is determined to catch up with them. Has been since she became aware of them. Fun and funny to watch.

Watching the love and camaraderie between each set of twins. There is a special awareness that each one has for his/her twin. I hardly take time to notice it but it is there. It also manifests in physically mauling the other one, in a mostly loving way. What would it be like to share space with someone so closely, in the womb and out of it?



More to come soon. Thanks so much for reading.

No comments:

Post a Comment