About Me

My photo
Learning and trying to be kind and living my life as fully as I can stand it.

Friday, October 17, 2014

Oil change

The last time I got the oil changed in the minivan I was pregnant. I unloaded two babies from their car seats into the double stroller  and had the dog jump out of the back. Why did I bring the 70-pound dog? Because I am an insane person.

I answers the service guy's questions and he said he'd call me when it was done. I didn't even ask to use the shuttle service because I assumed they wouldn't take is anywhere. We wheeled our way to the back of the dealership parking lot and looked for a spot to set up camp. We ended up on our striped blanket spread out on a narrow strip of grass between the street and the sidewalk.

We ate snacks. We watched cars and trucks drive by.  I kept Lily from crawling off the blanket into the street. We pulled up grass and some of us ate some of it. We spent a pretty contented hour and a half there until we finally decided to go check on the van. It was done but they hadn't called us.

Today  I'm  alone at the dealership; the kids are at home with Super Stephanie, our baby-sitter. I have a novel to read when I'm done writing. I just had a quick phone meeting with a colleague.

What a difference a few months and a few thousand miles can make.

1 comment:

  1. Enjoy your novel. I hope the oil change wasn't done too quickly.

    ReplyDelete