About Me

My photo
Learning and trying to be kind and living my life as fully as I can stand it.

Tuesday, February 28, 2017

16 o f40

I set myself the goal of posting daily in the days leading up to my 40th birthday, even as I recognized that it was the type of goal I would most likely not meet. Doing things daily isn't my jam. Finding time to write is hard. Finding myself in a brave place where sharing my words with the world is hard.
Tomorrow is my birthday. I have not been writing every day. For the past couple days I thought I would just say forget it, I did what I could, that is enough. No one cares if I don't do forty.

But wait.

I have many unpublished drafts, sitting here waiting for me to get back to them, kept unshared because I wanted them to be better, because I felt shy or raw, because they didn't flow in a sensible way. And of anything, that is my wish for myself as I get ready to meet another year, a new decade. To drop the fear of not being enough. To stop hiding the imperfect, the unfinished. 40 here we come.

The next spate of posts (and the few before this one) were originally written at various times over the past two years. It will probably be confusing to read them all in a row. But maybe it will be great. We shall see.

No comments:

Post a Comment