About Me

My photo
Learning and trying to be kind and living my life as fully as I can stand it.

Friday, February 10, 2017

6 of 40

Originally written on 11/2/15, never posted.

What makes you feel alive?

Do you know?

If you don't know, I hope you'll start asking yourself this question and trying to find the answer, or answers.

I just walked home in the rain, carrying a black umbrella, wearing black knee-high galoshes, striding through the world as the water poured down and I felt so good. Felt my arms moving. Felt my feet hitting the ground. Felt my body responding to the change in the air that comes with rain. And rain after so long? A real rain after so long? It was as though I was one with the parched, drought-plagued earth of California. The relief coursing through my cells reminds me that you can get used to anything. Used to telling your toddlers to turn the faucet off, not to wash their hands again, and trying to find a simple way to explain a drought. Used to days and weeks and months and years of no rain, or not nearly enough of it.


No comments:

Post a Comment